We are very pleased to announce that we are an official event partner at this year’s World AIDS Day Red Run, which takes place on Saturday 27th November. The run is held every year to mark World AIDS Day to raise HIV/AIDS awareness across the UK and aims to raise much needed funds for the NHST and other HIV charities.
You can sponsor the NHST team here or sign up to run for us below!
Date: Saturday 27th November 2021
Location: Victoria Park, London, E9 5EG
- The event consists a 5km/10km run or 5km walk, however its focus is on bringing the community together (as opposed to a competitive race!) There are many other things going on during the day to get involved in, such as Horse Meat Disco
- Please sign up to represent NHST at the Red Run at www.redrun.org.uk.
- When you register, make sure to select NHST on the charity list
- The entry fee is £20 which covers the cost of putting on the event, then we encourage you to set up a charity page for the NHST (for example with gofundme) and get sponsorship
- Bring your friends and family to cheer you on and have a fun day out for a great cause!
Why run/walk for NHST?
The National HIV Story Trust is about filming, recording and preserving the history of those affected by the AIDS epidemic of the 1980s and 90s. We are completely volunteer led and we need to raise funds to fulfil our aims, including creating media from our extensive archive, education for schools, podcasts, HIV and aging conferences, a fully interactive website and to support arts and culture projects. Please help us deliver on these aims by taking part in the Red Run and raising sponsorship.
Getting there: London Underground trains to Mile End, Overground trains to Hackney Wick, or local bus routes (277, 425, 8, 288). Sunday Street parking available nearby, as well as the car park located by St Mark’s Gate.
If you have any questions about the event or raising money for NHST please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]